Man United Striker Mason Greenwood Arrested for Rape & GBH: Police Issue Update

Mason Greenwood will remain on bail following his rape arrest, police confirmed today.

The Man Utd striker, 20, is still waiting to find out his fate after being arrested on suspicion of rape, assault, and threats to kill.

Greenwood was originally scheduled to answer his bail on April 30 but was pushed back pending a court decision.

Greater Manchester Police confirmed that the hearing took place yesterday and that Greenwood would remain on bail.

A statement said: “Following a hearing yesterday (Thursday 23 June 2022), a 20-year-old man arrested on suspicion of rape, and, threats to kill on Sunday 30 January 2022 remains on bail.

“As the outcome of bail reviews does not affect the progress of the investigation, Greater Manchester Police will not be providing any further updates about this case until the suspect has been charged or committed to further proceedings. Be released without facing.”

Greenwood spent three nights in custody after a police raid on his home in Bowden, Greater Manchester, in January.

He was granted bail on February 2 and has kept a relatively low profile since then.

The striker has been suspended by Utd but is still receiving his £75,000-a-week salary pending the outcome of any criminal proceedings.

The club was previously forced to release a statement confirming that Greenwood’s status had not changed.

Utd initially said it “did not condone violence of any kind” but later suspended Greenwood after police launched an investigation.

Man United Striker Mason Greenwood Arrested for Rape & GBH: Police Issue Update

But some eagle-eyed fans discovered the player is still appearing on the club’s website – leading to speculation he could be reinstated.

A Utd statement read: “Mason’s status has not changed.

We removed his profile from the club app shortly after he was dropped from the squad in January.

“This was to remove Mason from the interactive elements of the app, such as team predictions and so on.

“However, his profile was never removed from the website as he is a Manchester United player, although he is not currently part of the squad despite the legal process unfolding.”

Read More:

Arrest for rape.

Greenwood has been removed from FIFA 22 and dropped by sponsors Nike in the wake of the allegations.

Football Manager 2022 has also confirmed that they will not be featured after their recent winter update.

All merchandise bearing the number 11 name has been removed from Utd’s official site and teammates have unfollowed him on Instagram.

After the arrest, Greenwood’s illustrious domestic and international career is now in jeopardy.

The rising star has impressed on the pitch this season – scoring five goals in the Premier League and one in the Champions League.

He joined the team at the age of just six and rose through the ranks to become a regular in his first team.

In 2019, he became the youngest footballer to play for Utd in the Champions League when he made his debut at the age of 17.

Admin

Hello My self Emelia , I'm a Technology & Gaming Guides Expert. OR Also Providing Gaming Guides For Public information.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button