CONOR MCGREGOR has resumed mixed martial arts training before his impatiently expected return to Octagon. The UFC poster boy is stepping up his training as he is nearing a full recovery from a broken leg last July. McGregor, 33, is getting plenty of boxing sessions as his leg returns to full fitness.
But the Irishman appears to have resumed MMA training after being spotted at Dublin’s Street Blast Gym on Thursday. The infamous man donated red UFC fight shorts when he trained at his home gym, where he posed for pictures with several of his teammates.
Ballater Lightweight Darag Kelly shared a photo of himself and McGregor on Instagram with the caption: “Looking forward to returning.” McGregor’s Jacquard New Physics was on the full show and received a lot of comments from MMA fans, one of whom said: “Jesus Christ he is huge.” Another said: “Connor looks great! The next weight loss will be the healthiest we’ve ever seen.” And another said: “Looks heavy – look at the lights/welters.” One commented: “It’s not Connor; this friend ate Connor!”
Another called out: “Animal of the beast.” Former two-time division champion McGregor was apparently on his way back to the cage this fall but only resumed kicking at the end of last month. And UFC President Dana White expects Dublin’s pride to be back in action by the end of the year. When asked where McGregor’s next fight would take place, the MMA mogul told Jim Room: “It will be in a cage. “Connor is trying to get back later this year, early next year.”
He added: “When I talk to Connor, Connor wants to fight. “Connor gets all kinds of offers for movie characters and everything he can do and make money. “He doesn’t want to do any of that. Connor wants to fight.”